Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti falls on October 2, every year. It is celebrated to commemorate the birth of one the most prominent freedom fighters in India. It is one of three Indian national holidays that marks his birth anniversary. He did more than dedicate his life to liberating India from the Britishers. He also inspired many people.
The great freedom fighter was born in Porbandar, Gujarat on 2 October 1869. Mahatma Gandhi was the ‘Father Of Nation’ for his tireless efforts to make India independent. People affectionately call him ‘Bapu’. They still remember his courage in standing up to the Britishers in nonviolent ways. He chose to follow the non-violent path of ahimsa (nonviolence) and he did so until the end. Learn more about Mahatma Gandhi in this article.
Here are 20 Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti Wishes and Messages 2022
- Nonviolence is not something you can put on or off at will. It is a seat in the heart and must be an integral part of our being. We wish you a happy Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti.
2. A single act of giving pleasure to one heart is better than thousands bowing in prayer. On the occasion of his birth anniversary, remember the teachings and values of this great leader. Wishing you a happy Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti.
3. Let us remember the Mahatma, who moved the world gently. Wishing you a happy Gandhi Jayanti.
4. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. As if you could live forever, learn from Gandhi. On Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti’s birth anniversary, we remember the great leader. On Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti, we send our best wishes to you and all your loved ones.
5. It’s easy to be friendly with your friends. True religion is to make friends with those who consider themselves your enemy. The other is just business. On the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi’s birth, we send our best wishes.
6. To find yourself, you must give your all to others. Let Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti be a reminder to us all to help others. We wish you peace, harmony, and happiness from all of us. Happy Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti 2021.
7. Happiness is when your thoughts, words, and actions are harmonious. Remember the great leader and celebrate the day that recognizes the importance of nonviolence. Happy Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti.
8. It’s a day to celebrate. It’s a day to honor a special person. This person will always be the hero of our country and who taught the world about non-violence. We wish you a happy Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti.
9. If I believe that I can do it I will be able to achieve it. Recalling the important lessons that the preacher of nonviolence taught me on his birthday. Happy Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti to you.
10. Today is Oct 2, the day Mahatma Gandhi, India’s Greatest Human, was born. On this day of non-violence, and bravery, I send my best wishes.
11. Remember what Gandhiji taught, and how he propagated it on this special day. One eye for one makes the world blind. Be kind and nonviolent. All my best wishes to Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti.
12. “Desh Ke Liye Jisne Vilas Ko thukraya Tha, Tyag Videshi Dhage Usne Khud Hi Khaadi Banaya Tha, Pehen ke Kaath Ki Chapal Jisne Satyagrahe Ka Raag Sunaya Ya, Woh Mahatma Gandhi Kehlaya Tha.” In memory of the great leader. We wish you all the best for Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti.
13. May this Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti be filled with the spirit of non-violence and truth. On this Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti, which celebrates the importance of nonviolence in our lives, I send my best wishes.
14. Although you may not know the results of your actions, there are no consequences if you don’t do anything. We wish you a peaceful and happy Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti.
15. Non-violence cannot be thrown on and taken off as you please. Its seat is at the heart and must be an integral part of our being.”
16. We remember the brave freedom fighter on the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti’s birth anniversary. On Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti, I wish you strength and peace.
Want to wish your family and friends a very Happy Navratri? Check out these Navratri Wishes.
17. These are some inspiring and motivational quotes by the ‘Father Of The Nation’ himself.
18. “Freedom without the ability to make mistakes is not worth it.”
19. “You cannot lose faith in humanity. The ocean is analogous to humanity. If a few drops are dirty, it doesn’t become dirty.
20. “Aim for harmony in thought, word, and deed.” Purify your thoughts, and all will be well.
21. “Earth has enough to satisfy all man’s needs, but not all man’s greed.”