Stuck at home due to lockdown? Badly craving for the street side golgappas? Worry no more. I have come up with a recipe for your favorite street-side food. You can now enjoy these at home. Sounds great?
So let’s start.
Ingredients you’ll need :
For puris :
- 200grams Sooji
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
For saunth :
- 50 grams Tamarind
- 2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 100ml Water
For aloo filling :
- 2-3 boiled potatoes
- 1 cup Boiled chanas
- 11/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chat masala
For Pani :
- 200 gms Dhaniya
- 200 gms Pudina
- 5-6 Green chillies
- 1 big lemon
- Asafoetedia(Hing) as per taste
How to make Golgappas?
1. Starting with aloo filling, mash the potatoes well and add boiled chana, salt, and chat masala to it. Wohoo, your aloo filling is ready.
2. To make the puris, take the sooji in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, mix it well.
3. Now, slowly add water to the mixture and knead it well to make a dough. The dough should not be too hard or too soft. Let it set aside for some time. Till then, we move on to saunth.
4. Add tamarind, sugar, salt and chilli powder to a pan and add water to it. Place it on the flame and cook it until the mixture starts to thicken. Now, use a sieve to drain the liquid into another bowl. Refrigerate.
5. Pani: Put all the ingredients together in a jar and grind them well. Add water as per need. Squeeze one big lemon into the water. Sieve it well. And then refrigerate.
6. Now it’s time to make the puris, use a shallow pan to heat some oil.
7. Take the dough and make a ball. Then spread it out with a rolling pin. The dough should be rolled thin enough(thinner than your normal roti)
8. Use a cookie cutter to make round puris. And now it’s time to fry the puris.
9. Fry your puris on medium to low flame. Let the puris cool down.
And voila!! You’ve made street style pani puri at home. Enjoy with your family. But most importantly, stay home stay safe.
Also read: How to Make Delicious Pancakes At Home?
Do let me know in the comments section if you liked the delicious golgappa recipe.
Follow me on Instagram at @typsytown
[…] How to Make Your Favorite Street-side Golgappas at Home? […]